RAFFLE DRAW DATE POSTPONED (to help us reach the target of £2000 – donations total £1232.32 as of Wednesday, May 23rd 2018)
Thursday, May 31st 2018 is now the last day to purchase tickets to help with Daisy-May’s specialist vet fee
Every year since launching our first calendar, we the UK Corgi Club have been raising funds for charities that are dear to us, via our calendar and merchandise sale. For 2018 we collectively decided to donate the proceeds of our fundraising efforts to help a very special member of the “club”.
Daisy May the corgi was rehomed to one of our members after a terrible start as a breeding bitch at a puppy farm in Wales. She has been through a lot of trauma but has somehow managed to come out the other side, but not without the scars of her former life. Daisy-May suffers regular temporary paralysis of her hind legs and the cause of this is still unknown, even after numerous tests by veterinary experts.
Her adopted family have carried the financial burden of her treatment and investigations privately since they visited the vet one day early to the insurance validity (day 13 instead of 14) and unfortunately the insurance company have refused to honour the cover. She was referred to a specialist clinic a few months ago as her vet had exhausted all tests, but the clinic requires £2,000 up front and her family had to cancel tests when the insurance refused to pay. Daisy-May is currently using a cart kindly donated by another member of the group, for when she collapses. She needs ongoing treatment and support to firstly come to a diagnosis and to continue to provide her with the best quality of life she can have.
A the occasion of our 4th annual reunion, on Sunday, May 6th 2018 in Oxfordshire, we’re organising a raffle to raise funds to hopefully help Daisy-May’s owner pay the amount needed for the clinic, and maybe even future treatment. 100% of the proceeds from the raffle will go to them, and thanks to generous donors (members of the group and businesses) we’ve got some fantastic prizes to give away!
Want to help Daisy-May? Enter the raffle now (you’re also welcome to donate via the link below)!
It’s now open until Thursday, May 31st 2018 at midnight UK time (an extension to the end of May is now likely by popular demand) after which the raffle will be drawn online
TICKET PRICE? £5 per ticket, no limit in how many you can purchase
HOW CAN I GET TICKETS?
– in person (myself) at the meet on Sunday.
– ONLINE by using this link ( https://www.paypal.me/AFour ) or using your Paypal to pay firstname.lastname@example.org (option “Send Money to Family & Friends” ONLY please to avoid fees and do not tick the “pay for service” box – we are going with this option as the crowdfunding websites or payment websites take a percentage of donations which we would rather pass on to Daisy-May)
Payment should be in £5 increments please (so £5, £10, £15, £20…) if the amount isn’t in £5 increments it will be rounded for number of raffle entries but everything above this amount will be donated)
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Everyone worldwide is welcome to participate however please note that some prizes are at specific locations only* / transport non included, and the heavy ones marked with a** won’t be shipped outside the UK unfortunately. If you are living abroad and win a heavy prize you’ll be able to choose pass it to a UK friend, or have it donated to charity. If you just wish to donate without participating to the raffle please leave a note when sending the Paypal payment.
We still welcome prizes and already have some amazing ones (some have T&Cs – & heavy prizes will ship to UK only, please email email@example.com for details) including:
– 1 x weekend* for 2 adults & 1 dog (ferry crossing and one night hotel) on the Isle of Woof / Wight courtesy of Red Funnel Ferries and Kingsmede B&B *
– 1 x waterproof coat designed for corgis by Paco & Lucia
– 1 x family ticket (2 x adults and up to 3 x children worth £45) to visit the Royal Yacht Britannia in Edinburgh
– 2 x boxes of Hip+Joint Treats by TrueLeafPet
– 1 x £100 bar tab at one of Adventure Bar Group‘s London venues*
– 1 x Dogrobes drying coat
– 1 x collar and a bow tie (design of winner’s choice) by Hiro+Wolf**
– 1 x necklace by Artisans & Adventurers**
– 2kg of food and 1x poo bag holder by Beco Pets**
– 1 x leather dog collar and gift voucher by Fetch & Follow
– 1 x bandana by Luna’s Loft**
– 5 x Fish4Dogs bundles ( each with 1 x 1.5Kg Finest Ocean White Complete, 1 x 100g Sea Jerky Squares, 1 x 100g Sea Wrap Treats, 1 x Pouch of Salmon Mousse and 1 x Mackerel Wet Complete Food – please note that the 1.5kg bags of food that cannot be picked in person in London will be donated to a local pet charity as too heavy to post)**
– 1x pair (2) of tickets* to visit Dog Fest in Cheshire (June), Bristol (June) or Hertfordshire (July) at winner’s choice
– 1 x collar & lead set by DevilDood Designs
– 1 box of Deli Box with yummy treats by DevilDood Deli
– 1 x goodie bag (1 custom made lifelike felted dog keyring, 1 Corgi Mug with a removable corgi figure; 1 Corgi Stitch patch;1 Corgi To-do list pad; lots of Corgi stickers) courtesy of Curious Ollie Boutique **
– 1x corgi T-shirt (a generous size M)
– 1 x hand drawn corgi by renown artist Pollyana Pickering**
– 1 x corgi swag bundle (Joules slippers, a Next bag, a Monsoon Corgi bauble, some #ShadeOutDM sunglasses, a poo bag holder and a corgi phone cover) worth £45**
– 1 x gorgeous silver jewellery set worth £200**
– 1 x bespoke illustrated pet portrait by Mythical Palette
– 1 x bespoke pet portrait in watercolour by Melissa Terry
– Some lovely corgi neckerchiefs handmade by one of our admins
– some treats and goodies from Marcel Le Corgi’s personal stash (just don’t tell him about the treats please)**
– 1 x photoshoot (pet, baby, portrait/couple of winner’s choice) by Photographie by A. Four (travel outside London not included) *
We would like to also thank Fish4Dogs for also providing doggie bags with treats for the attendants of the corgi meet.